Resources & Tips to Successful Fundraising
- Children’s Organ Transplant Association (COTA)
- Just Giving
- Local charities and churches
- American Transplant Foundation
- We help living donors to cover essential living expenses (i.e rent/mortgage) due to lost wages during recovery after surgery so they can heal without facing financial troubles.
- For transplant recipients, we help patients to keep the organ that keeps them alive by providing assistance to cover delinquent insurance premiums to prevent loss of insurance coverage, medication co-payments during insurance gap periods, and/or changes to insurance provider. NEW: As of April 24th, we are offering Emergency Grants – please read the guidelines below.
- Social Worker
- Can help advise of local financial help
- National Transplant Foundation
- Living Donor Grant
- The Living Organ Donation Reimbursement Program funds the National Living Donor Assistance Center (NLDAC) to assist living organ donors. The NLDAC reimburses qualified living organ donors for expenses related to their evaluation, surgery, and follow-up visits. Qualified expenses include travel, housing, meals and incidentals, lost wages, and child-care and elder-care expenses.
Additional resources can be found at: https://www.donoralliance.org/newsroom/donation-essentials/financial-assistance-for-transplant-patients/
This information should not replace medical advice from your doctors or medical team. We encourage our readers to follow their transplant team's medical advice and reach out to their doctors and medical team for further recommendations.